Here is an excerpt from my book, The Silent Master, Awakening the Power Within:
The first step to take in the readiness stage of self-discovery is to take charge of your thinking. Every response that you make to your environment, and every action you take (or don’t take) is propelled by some decision, choice, or response that you make in your thinking. The three most important aspects of your thinking to take charge of are will, motivation, and attitude. As we discuss these three areas, I will refer to the five principles of mental conduct, which are an important part of the Jung SuWon training I teach. These five principles enable you to take charge of your thinking so that your mental activity supports you rather than sabotages you:
- Identify your fears and weaknesses and conquer them.
- Learn from your mistakes.
- Know you have the ability to do, the capacity to act, and the capability to perform and produce.
- Have determination and a quality purpose.
- Have a positive mental attitude.