Parsley… that green tree that is sitting on top of your spaghetti, or on the slab of steak… it’s usually picked off and put on the side of the plate…but did you know that Parsley has AMAZING health benefits?
Parsley contains 2 types of unusual components that provide unique health benefits: volatile oils and flavonoids.
- Rich source of anti-oxidant nutrients that help prevent oxygen-based damage to cells
- Excellent source of Vitamin C: fights free radicals in all water-soluble areas of the body
- Reduced risk of colon cancer, diabetes, asthma and atherosclerosis.
- Anti-inflammatory agent: fights osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
- Promotes health function of the immune system
- Good source of folic acid, one of the most important B vitamins which plays a critical role in cardiovascular health.
Surprised? In case you’re wondering how you can EAT the parsley besides just munching on the little trees, try this:
- Put a little ginger (great health benefits)
- a little cinnamon
- some raw unprocessed honey (this is to taste)
- a handful of parsley
- a handful of mint leaves
- a small bowl of ice
- a little water
Blend until smooth…Add more ice if you like it thick and creamy like a smoothie. Add more water if you like it like a juice. Then taste!. It sounds strange, but check it out! Not only does it taste GREAT, it is PACKED with all sorts of healthy benefits!
Would you like to read more? Check out my About Me and Seven Steps to Inner Power Book: How to Break Through to Awesome.