Did you know that a lot of the time, we determine our own age by what we eat and how we treat our bodies? For example, we might be genetically programmed to have lung cancer, but if you live a healthy, clean life, maybe you will never develop this condition. If you never smoke or drink and live a clean life, it may be possible to prevent this disease from ‘waking up.’
Today, let’s focus on some important thoughts about food.
Here is a recipe for one of my favorite smoothies, and then I will tell you why it is a favorite and all the amazing nutritional benefits. Are you ready? Let’s head on over into the kitchen!
Before we get started, let’s quickly review a few very important things:
Consider where the fruit/ingredients came from. Best, of course, is always local produce, but that is often not possible. So read the packages carefully and ask the store clerk. Make sure it was organically grown. Farmers markets are great, growing at your home of course is best. Still, make the best choices from what is available to you.
Make sure you wash very well with salt and a little vinegar. Really remove all impurities.
For 1-2 people:
1 medium, ripe avocado
½ medium sized banana
1 capful noni concentrate
1-2 cups freshly pressed pineapple juice
½ cup crushed ice
Blend together until very smooth, add more juice if too thick
Add 1 heaping teaspoon collagen powder and 1 heaping teaspoon wheat greass powder, and if needed, up to 2 tablespoons maple syrup.
Blend until very smooth, and enjoy! Let me know how you like this powerful creation!
Why is this so powerful?
Avocados are amazing!
- They boost your good HDL cholesterol, they have a great blend of 20 vitamins and minerals, including Vitamins K, C, E, B, and potassium and lutein.
- Protect your eye sight through their healthy fats
- They lower blood pressure through their high potassium content
- Fight cancer
- Prevents birth defects
- Fights arthritis
- Great for heart health, as it prevents plaque build up and keeps blood vessels relaxed.
- Helps control diabetes; helps reverse insulin resistance
- Nourishes skin
- Prevents constipation
- Encourages weight loss
- Increase nutrient absorption
Health benefits of bananas:
- They contain fiber, potassium, vitamin B6, vitamin C, Magnesium, copper, manganese,
- Help control blood sugar
- Improve digestive health
- Can help weight loss as they are very filling yet low calories
- Support heart health
- May improve kidney health by up to 50%
- May help relieve and even prevent muscle cramps after working out.
Health benefits of wheatgrass:
Nowadays it is considered a superfood! Here are some of its benefits:
- May reduce bad cholesterol
- May help kill cancer cells
- Helps with blood sugar regulation
- Can help get rid of inflammation
- Can help with weight loss
Health benefits of noni:
- Natural painkiller
- Boosts the immune system; natural anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-fungal
- Fights depression and is a mild sedative
- Great for skin care and hair care
- Can reduce tumor and cancer growth
- Helps lower blood pressure
- Helps fight bad cholesterol
- Helps improve memory
- Keeps intestines healthy
Health benefits of pineapple:
- Natural anti-inflammatory
- Rich in antioxidants
- Boosts immunity
- Improves digestion
- Promotes heart health
- Can help fight cancer
- Can reduce asthma
Health benefits of collagen:
- Can improve skin health
- Helps relieve joint pain
- May prevent bone loss
- Can boost muscle mass
- Promotes heart health
- Improves hair and nail health
Reap the Benefits!
These are just some of the vast benefits of eating and drinking healthy, clean, nutritious items. Give this a try and let me know how you are feeling!
And next time, let’s talk about the miraculous benefits of growing some of your own food! Let’s see who is already doing it and reaping the tremendous benefits of it!
Always remember, the power is in you, it is your personal choice what you do in your life! The kind of foods you eat, what you drink – it is your choice!